About this Webinar
The idea of spiritual retreat is not new. The restrictions of physical distancing and the willingness of potential participants to try a new way of doing retreats is, however, somewhat new. Keith Anderson hosts this webinar with Rebecca Hall, Director of The Abbey at St. David’s, and Lindsey Baynham, Director of the Center for Clergy Excellence for the Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church.
This event is brought to you by the Department of Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary.
Resources Found in this Webinar
- Creating Sacred Space for Children Online: Sample Expectations & Covenant by Hannah Graham
- Giving God a Whole Day: The Importance of Retreats by Colleen Scheid
- How to Plan a Men’s Retreat That’s Just the Right Amount of Churchy by Keith Anderson
- How to Plan an Effective Retreat by Ginny Bain Inman
- Laying Out A Labyrinth by Labyrinthos
- Quick and Easy Labyrinth in 3 Minutes! by Discover Labyrinths
- The Abbey at St. David’s (Where Rebecca does online retreats!)
Rev. Lindsey Baynham is an ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church and serves in the Virginia Conference. She has served in the local church, campus ministry and now as the Director in the Center for Clergy Excellence where her work supports the identification as well as development of clergy leaders. Lindsey is passionate about worship design, connecting folks in light of their gifts and preaching/teaching.
Rebecca Hall joined the St. David’s staff in April 2007 and has a Masters in Spiritual Formation from Seminary of the Southwest. Particular areas of interest are in vocation and discernment, Benedictine and Ignatian spiritualties and practices, Christian discipleship, and contemplative practices. Rebecca practices spiritual direction with groups and individuals and leads retreats. She also periodically consults with other churches on how to integrate small group ministry and other adult formation programs into the life of Episcopal parishes. In addition to St. David’s, Rebecca also works for Iona Center at Seminary of the Southwest as the Director of Spiritual Formation.