Whether you are planning a sabbatical or simply looking to find more sabbath time amidst your daily work, this webinar is for you! Our presenters, Keith Anderson and Boykin Bell, will talked about their recent sabbatical experiences and best practices that can help us find greater balance and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Hour by Hour by Edward S. Gleason
- The Sabbath by Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Sabbath Time: Understanding and Practice for Contemporary Christians by Tilden Edwards
- The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen (particularly the final section)
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
- Everyday Sacred: A Woman’s Journey Home by Sue Bender
About The Presenters & Host
Keith Anderson is the Pastor at Upper Dublin Lutheran Church in Ambler, Pennsylvania and the Associate for Digital Content for Lifelong Learning at VTS. He recently completed a sabbatical project called La Convivencia, which was funded by the National Clergy Renewal Program.
Boykin Bell is the Director of Christian Formation at the Chapel of the Cross in Chapel Hill, NC. She has written for Building Faith and Episcopal Relief and Development Lenten Meditations. She currently serves on the Diocese of North Carolina Committee for Christian Formation.
Sarah Bentley Allred is our host for this webinar! Sarah received her MDiv. from Virginia Theological Seminary in May 2019. She now serves as Director of Children and Family Ministries at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Wake Forest, North Carolina and as the Associate for Christian Formation and Discipleship with Lifelong Learning at VTS. When not juggling these two part-time jobs, Sarah can be found visiting local coffee shops, play board games with friends, and exploring new places with her husband, Richard, and their dog, Grace.