Pentecost is a Christian feast day. We celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit, which is the very presence of God within and among us.
The story of Pentecost appears in Acts 2 as the disciples were gathered for the Jewish festival of Pentecost, 50 days after Passover. The Holy Spirit came among them, and “They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them” (Acts 2:3).
Jesus kept his promise that he would be present with his community in a new way. The Holy Spirit is about changing lives! See more Pentecost teaching points.
Make Tongue of Fire Hats
This is not a new idea – others have done this craft. But we did our own version to make sure it works. Success! And in only 10 minutes.
- Colored construction paper
1. Select Paper: We chose white cardstock for the headbands, but you can use any color.
2. Cut strips for the headband. Write Bible verse on one strip. Write name on the other strip. If making headbands for youth or adults, you will need another strip to make it long enough.
3. Cut out flame shapes. You can make patterns, cut the pieces ahead of time, or just go for it freehand!
4. Staple the cardstock strips to form a headband. Again, for youth or adults you will need an extra strip to make it long enough. Glue the flames together.
5. Finished! Wear, enjoy, give thanks for the Holy Spirit!